Facebook & Whatsapp dangers - I feel like the world is getting socially more and more destroyed

Hey guys,


I know it is been a while since my last blog post but I wanted to revive this long ago just didn't know
in what direction I'll be going with the blog.
Did you guys ever think about how our social life used to be before whatsapp, facebook and all the other social media things changed it? I think about answers to this question a lot and I'll share some
reflections about it with you in this article.





I can remember, when we were at Secondary School on Fridays last session and everyone looked
forward to the weekend. My friends and I had the weekend planned out already we met at the basketball gym which happened to be our very own club with our coach being my dad.
We didn't need any phones or the Internet to make up plans, the basic rule was: it will be fun as long as we are together.

Now think about what happened over the last decade. From 2007 to 2013 the overall Fixed Broadband availabilty in people's household increased from under 2% to about 10% and even more decisive Mobile broadband usage went from 4% to nearly 25%.

You could argue that's a good thing, because now everyone can be reached wherever they are..
But is this really a good thing?
I believe since the invention of all these social media aspects our personal communication became
more and more superficial.

Think about my very own example: In my childhood we didn't have the possibility to reach everyone
just by hitting a button or a mouseclick which made it inevitable for us to meet somewhere.

Now this may be not counting for everyone out there but I feel like since more or less every household in the richer countries now has a broadband connection, people simply got more lazy and tend to rather stick at home because of the fact that the Internet makes it possible to talk to the people that you normally had to meet to be able to talk to.

Think about it:
we went from:
no Internet access / mobile phone broadband which stood for: we have to meet somewhere to have fun and no interference by anyone who had to pull out his/her mobile phone to check who wrote on whatsapp etc.

to

cybercafés which stood for: people meet each other to play together

to

households now all have a broadband connection where everyone can play alone anyways


It is not hard to see this progress downwards in terms of socialization.
It gives me shivers to think about where we are heading towards..


Your reflection on that folks?


X.O, Dré



No comments:

Post a Comment