Barry White, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross but also Sisqo, R. Kelly, Jamie Foxx etc. etc. ; I miss those days :(

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure I have some friends out there sharing my opinion on this..

Where did all that fine Black music (R&B & Soul especially) go?
If you have a look at the evolution of Black music from past to present you must be frightened to have
a look at the future.

Our parents had Barry White, Marvin Gaye & Luther Vandross just to name a few of these great great
voices of the past. A time where dancing TOGETHER was the kind of way celebrating Black music.
























Okay..When I was a child I can say I had that in Michael Jackson, Sisqo, R. Kelly, early Usher & many many more. Especially when comparing early Usher, with songs like

Nice & Slow
U make me wanna
U got it bad
Burn
...

with temporary Usher with songs like

Lemme See
Scream
Numb

You'll get the impression: There is a strong trend of Black music intertwining with Electro music, which is
kinda sad, because Electro music is more about having fun and going crazy while Black music had it's routes
in Soul, a genre that was meant for close partner dance/ couple dance.














Growing up in these days and being used to the good old dance I often find myself in a wrong time period especially when visiting discos nowadays.
Only 20% of my music on my Ipod is new stuff..consider this number declining in the future cause I simply dislike the way Black music is headin'

Don't you think?

XO, Dré.

No comments:

Post a Comment